I popped into the Spring One of a Kind Show Friday after Fashion Week stuff. Eh, I was in the neighbourhood. Thought I'd check out possible future competition (in pet goods, there wasn't much), say hi to some friends in the handmade world, and do a little window shopping.
So maybe the OOAK Christmas show is a bit ambitious for me this year, but I think I might be able to handle the low(er) key vibe of the Spring show. OK, setting goals. Good. Dudley & Bea OOAK launch - Spring 2012. Eeek!
In the meantime, I think I can swing some smaller Christmas shows in 2011 (City of Craft, etc.). Gotta see how this full-time job thing is going to cut into production time. I suspect a lot. That's why I have a marginally-employed husband to do my bidding, though, right? He's an excellent tracer and cutter.
Anyway, while I haven't entirely loved the OOAK line-up in years past, there are always a few gems. And just inhaling the entrepreneurial fumes is inspiring and energizing for me.
Today (Sunday) is the last day of the show, and I highly recommend hitting these 12 booths while you're there:
La creme de la creme of OOAK Spring '11:
- Comme Ca - felt laptop cases and dossiers - Booth K40
- Lover Fighter by Joanna Baxter - vintage chain and leather necklaces - Booth O45 (A fellow bandwife, of sorts - we both share our husbands with music. Oh, and she makes pretty things, too!)
- Urban Tree Salvage - reclaimed wood serving platters - Booth K22
- Girl Can Create - original vintage-inspired mixed-media art and prints - Booth J09
- Hugo Didier pottery - "not made in china" mugs and "p'tite poutine" bowls - Booth I45 (clever and oh-so cute!)
- Jenna Rose - "Anatomy of a bike" scroll fabric wall hanging - Booth H04
- Hoi Bo - waxed cotton satchel - Booth H24 (My next serious splurge!)
- Atelier LAF - chicken foot pendant necklace - Booth G23
- Cha Cha - violet mini leather bucket bag $115 - Booth E54
- Shuyu Lu - Embroidered textile art - Booth E29
- Matter - natural baby suncream $18 - Booth (My only purchase of the day - "physical block" sunscreen that isn't goopy AND smells amazing? sold.) E04
- Biko - Adoria Necklace $175 - (*swoon* I love this piece! And, I love this girl! Corrine is so bloody nice - buy her stuff!) J12
[ images, from top via: Biko, ChaCha, Hoi Bo, Hugo Didier, Joanna Baxter, Shuyu Lu & Comme Ca ]