Friday, March 19, 2010

Radio Debut - Dance Mother!


On Sunday, March 7th, Sweet Thing's first single from their new (yet untitled) full-length album debuted on George Strombolopolous' CBC Radio show! Click here to see the playlist. 


OK, exciting enough, right? No, wait. He also listed the new song as one of his "Dirty Dozen" of the week - his Top 12 favourite new songs! Click here for the complete list.

Mmmm, momentum! 

They also popped up on a few more blogs/sites this month:

---

In other great Canadian music news, it looks like another of my new favourite bands -  Library Voices -  is getting some much deserved press, as well. Check out their glowing reviews on the CBC Canada Live Blog and in the New Yorker!


And... Arkells snagged "Best Live Group" at the Indie awards during CMW last week!


Yay, Canada!!! (Is it strange that I wasn't even this excited about our Olympic standings?)

---

Not-so-Canadian, but music-related: Alex and I are catching Miike Snow at the Phoenix on April 3rd, and I will be seeing Sia there at the end of the month with lovely Miss. S!

2 comments:

  1. i <3 miike snow!
    perhaps i will bump into you there!
    I change shapes just to hide in this place....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...'cause I'm still, I'm still an animal!

    ReplyDelete