Sunday, May 29, 2011

Three weddings. One dress.

It's wedding season, and I am, for the second summer, missing nuptial planning. Siiiigh. I love weddings, but they're really not the same anymore, now that I'm not dreaming about my own. We have three this year. Manageable. Especially since we're not in any wedding parties (whew).

Since there is no overlap guest-wise between the three, I am contemplating wearing the same dress. A NEW same dress, of course.

Our first wedding happens in three weeks, and it's fancy-schmancy. The other two are a mystery - they're on Alex's side, and boys can't be expected to know any of the important details. Like: will a floor length chiffon gown be too much?

Since I can be sure to never get a decent answer to this question in time, I'm going for the maxi length anyway. It's all about accessorizing it the right way.

I'm (likely) buying J.Crew's Taryn gown in grey. I found it on eBay in my size, and I can save a good hundred bucks if I get it that way.


Pretty dressy, but it's simple enough to handle being blinged out or dressed down. I'm going with flats for all three occasions, because, well, it's literally floor-length on my 5'10" frame. No give.

Here's how I'm thinking about accessorizing for weddings 1, 2 and 3. Of course, many of the actual items below may need to be subbed for things in my own closet or H&M-budget alternatives, but you get the idea.

Wedding #1 - June (black-tie-ish)
Simple gold accessories, grecian sandals, coral accents.
Hair: sleek updo


Dune $98

J.Crew $125

Nancy Gonzalez clutch

Basile pashmina

H&M bolero



Wedding #2 - (presumably) more casual/party
Boho accessories - brights, natural woven fibres 
Hair: loose waves



Alexander Wang denim jacket


Juicy Couture earrings $58

J.Crew bucket bag

Aldo clutch

Stella McCartney woven sandals

Sigerson Morrison woven sandals


Wedding #3 (probably) somewhere in between
Soft mint, gold & cream; pearls & lace; dainty & pretty
Hair: loose low chignon

Top Shop flower sandals

J.Crew earrings

Top Shop clutch


Dorothy Perkins clutch

J.Crew necklace
p.s. Two blog posts in one DAY! I was clearly less than productive otherwise. Laundry times.

[ Photos via: jcrew.com, polyvore.com, nordstroms.com, hm.com, topshop.com, anthropologie.com, aldo.com, Alexander Wang, Sigerson Morrison, Juicy Couture, Stella McCartney, shopruche.com, dorothyperkins.com, Dune ]

No comments:

Post a Comment