Sunday, May 29, 2011

Summertimes.


I must be in a good mood.

Either that, or I've broken the seal.

Whatever. Two blogs in one week? I'm making up for my silent treatment, maybe.

The blooms are blooming and our basement is flooding every second day. Must be spring (or dare I say... summer?)! Finally. Wet basements aside, I'm punch-drunk on sunshine and am happy-happy to have bike-season back.

I decided I've had enough with winter. Forever. But without winters, there wouldn't be springs, and I'd be awfully sad about that. Catch 22.

So, now that chirping birds and emerging freckles and cotton maxi dresses are here to stay (for 4 or 5 months at least) I'm getting out in the world again. While last summer, my social life and exploration was forced upon me by my blogTO gig, this year I'm making a conscious effort to get outside.

My ice-cream and sweat-pants phase is over. The "break up" with the band is now at the "let's be friends" stage, and I like it. It's a good place. I've fallen out of love with this bandwife thing. I wish I could be a normal fan. Because I still would be, you know. The biggest.

Maybe the warm weather is getting to my head. While I had resolved to attend fewer shows to keep more of an arm's length with this whole band business, I couldn't turn down music in the sunshine. I attended their latest gig - an outdoor show celebrating the Parks Canada Centennial - but as a support to Alex and to mess around with my camera some more. Right. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I did mange to get some decent shots out of the day (to further corroborate my motives):





Also, I'm regaining my drinking legs (much like sea legs but boozier). This may or may not be a good thing, but it appears to be a necessity in my line of work: I roll with the boys and I need to be one of them. They like social functions that pretend to be work.

The summer is looking good for my social health. That is: if I can actually swing tag-along trips to many of the band's shows (they're hitting the summer festival circuit), plan a few girl-only weekends, and man-up for work socials. I've been relying on the safety of my little cocoon for too long. Alex likes to keep me there, but it's distracting for both of us to spend so much time closed off together from the world. As much as we like it.


So, hi. I'm available. Ready. Willing. Invite me out again, because I'm saying yes-yes-yes these days. And I won't even be close to being the first to dive into a cab.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment