Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Doorbells and Sleigh Bells and Schnitzel With Noodles.

These are a few of my favourite things.
-The Sound of Music


(Let's just get real sad-like and talk about all of the things I can't afford, shall we? Sigh.)


ONE • 
I intended this post to have a cold weather theme, but then I saw these Jeffrey Campbell peep-toe platform wedges and I really just had to talk about them NOW. (Yeah, peep-toes aren't quite so practical this time of year.) I pretty much love wedges forever, and will continue to wear them even if they go horribly out of style. It hasn't happened yet, luckily. This year they've gone all platform on me though, adding yet more unnecessary inches to my hulking 5'10 frame. Whatever. My Mister is secure enough in his manhood to have me on his arm anyway, even when I'm towering over him. (ATTACK OF THE 50-FOOT WOMAN!!! rawr.) Also, the cutest-of-the-cute singer from San Sebastian has an adorable GF who has a good head on him, I'm sure. 


Anyway, the second pair in this series could be doable in December, as long as I'm not dog walking or tobogganing. Loooooove.





TWO••
A technicolour dreamcoat! I did a stupid thing. I fell in love with a light grey Soia & Kyo winter pea coat two years ago and bought it, forgetting that my super-warm TNA parka was also grey. In terms of outerwear this season, I'm stuck with D-R-A-B. All grey against dirty snow? Horribly depressing. I love both coats, but wouldn't it just be so uplifting to walk around in yellow? Or purple? Or cobalt blue? Oh, I miss colour in the winter. I am totally digging this Spanner jacket. I was inspired to find a yellow swing coat after seeing a girl on the subway in a similar version. Too bad I'm stuck with grey, at least for this year.

 Spanner swing coat $400

 
MALENE BIRGER Justinas Jacket $698

 Phase Eight Tweed Swing Coat $220 (OK, yes, it's grey. But just imagine it in ORANGE!)

Allison Wonderland L'Hiver Coat $298

 Soia & Kyo Snood (are colourful accessories my answer?)

Soia & Kyo down jacket $220

THREE•••
Bed. Ahhhh, I loooove our bed. Back when I had money, I bought a wicked-expensive pillow-top mattress and boxspring. Then, mom bought us a memory foam topper and we picked up memory foam pillows with wedding money. Add a duvet, a coverlet, a mess of throw pillows, two dogs and a fuzzy man and my bed is perfection. It's really hard to ever leave. We redeco'd our entire apartment on a dime and our bedroom is almost finished. The one missing piece is a quilted headboard. I'm fairly crafty and I know I could make one, but right now we're getting by on "essential purchases", and it's tough to justify the $60-or-so that it would cost for some plywood and foam.


In the meantime, I'll just dream. Zzzzz.









1 comment:

  1. Love love LOVE all of these!! Those crazy patterned booties are amazing!! xo

    ReplyDelete