Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sticker-worthy!


I always yearned for big shiny stickers atop my completed projects and homework. Had they continued this marking tradition into high school, I would not have admitted it at the time, but I would have loved it. It may have turned my decent 80s grades into scholarship-worthy 90s. Truly. I even loved a good tonge-in-cheek A++. Hm, no wonder I was bullied in elementary school, occasionally.



Think Lisa Simpson: "Look at me! Grade me! Evaluate and rank me! I'm good, good, good and oh so smart! [drops to her knees] Grade meeeeee!!" 

So, it's no surprise that I hungrily scour the web for Sweet Thing reviews, comments,  ANYTHING after each show. This time, Alex found it first:


This Chart Attack review couldn't be sweeter (um, I couldn't resist). 95%!! Wow, that certainly deserves a big fat shiny sticker, doesn't it?

Reviewer Scott Bryson had this to say about my lovely and oh-so-serious hubby: 

"Sweet Thing's onstage personality clashes are a laugh riot. Stoic, bearded guitarist Adam Winter is as serious a character as Built To Spill's Doug Martsch, making for an absolutely precious scene when Carrier snuck up behind him and started fondling his scalp."  

Hilarious. And, yeah, it's ALEX Winter.

But he can loosen up, really:


 They lost marks for stage banter (OK, agreed), sexiness (oh no-no you didn't! that's my man!), and appearance, which I take to mean outfit-wise. OK, possibly more cohesiveness in style could help, but Morgan really stepped it up with his gingham school-boy geek-chic and Owen is always dapper. They'll pull up their socks (and their marks) in this "subject" once they actually have a budget for wardrobe.

--

"All my concerts had no sounds in them; they were completely silent. People had to make up their own music in their minds!" - Yoko Ono

No comments:

Post a Comment