Sunday, April 1, 2012

I call her "Red"


OH-EM-GEE. So, remember when Jordan Catalano wrote that song called "Red" in that big warehouse where he rehearsed with his band Frozen Embryos and Angela thought it was about HER but it turned out it was really about his CAR?!

Didn't you just DIE?!

I still do, every time. 'Cause YEAH I own the whole series on DVD. Obvi.

 [ girl crush! boy crush! CRUSH! ]



The last time I dyed my hair that colour, it happened to coincide with Angela Chase's own awakening as a faux redhead. She was me, I was her. The show was for-sure-for-sure written just for me. Then I found out that every girl born between 1977 and 1984 believed the very same thing (they are WRONG, I tell you!). I am prone to delusions.


I guess my inner transformations need to be marked by some sort of external metamorphisis. An indication, a badge of sorts. Like: "Hey, look at me, my brain and my heart are acting super sketchy right now but you can't see it so I'll just dye my hair to match so that you know you're supposed to pay attention to me!" 

Spotlight-whore for life.

Oversharing to the moooon!

Anyway, I did it. See? I'm not just a big mouth.This totally happened. It's fading like crazy already - who knows if I'll be diligent enough to handle the upkeep? It may be short-lived. In the meantime, it's kinda fun, yeah?



3 comments: